Thursday, January 22, 2009

Fever Ray


'If I had a heart'


My first purchase off of iTunes. It was only $7.99, and boy was it ever worth it. Fever Ray is the solo effort from The Knife's Karin Dreijer Andersson. It jumps to sounding how The Knife's cousin would sound, to Oriental Surrealism, to Flamenco dancing on acid, to African tribal music, to something that could only come out of Scandinavia.

I don't know. This is my interpretation. Its a wonderful album. Every song is so different and yet so very much the same. Karin's vocals are so bizzare, so crazy, and so beautiful. If you're a fan of The Knife or of Sigur Ros then you'll love Fever Ray!

4/4

1) If I had a heart
2) When I grow up
3) Dry and Dusty
4) Seven
5) Triangle Walls
6) Concrete Walls
7) Now is the Only Time I Know
8) I'm not Done
9) Keep the Streets Empty For me
10) Coconut

*Bolded are my personal favourites

No comments: